The Fenton Fire Protection District is always prepared for whatever events may occur as a result of adverse weather. Prevention of injury, accident, or incident should be everyone's priority. When the National Weather Service forecast calls for ice, snow, high winds, and frigid temperatures, power outages are a very real possibility as are downed power lines.
- Stay away from downed power lines and be aware of any objects such as fences which they are resting on
- DO NOT operate emergency generators indoors, in a garage, or on a porch. Assure they are far enough away from your house so the exhaust is not drawn into your home.
- Only utilize generators as directed in the owners manual.
We recommend everyone have a CO monitor in their home even if they don't have gas appliances such as furnaces or water heaters. Carbon monoxide can enter the house from a vehicle left running in a garage or from a generator running too close to the house. Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, so the only way to detect it is with a CO detector.
Do you have one?